[CAUT] (no subject)

Tim Coates tcoates1@sio.midco.net
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 22:14:08 -0500

Wim,

You talk about seating and lifting on the speaking length.  Have you
done the same on the none speaking length between the agraffes and
tuning pins?  It's pretty easy to check one unison in the agraffe
section to see if it makes a difference.   And the nice thing about it
is you don't have to relevel the speaking length <g>.

It adds focus in both the V-bar and agraffe sections.  Use a string
hook and pull up while sliding it back from the agraffe.  Remove the
action and lightly tap a wooden dowel on the none speaking length from
underneath on the V-bar section.  Start just behind the V-bar and work
towards the tuning pins.  I've found this to be one of my most effect
procedures when looking for focus.  I don't even think about voicing
until this has been done.

I agree:  knuckles make noise.  Easy way to find out:  use a suede
brush to reduce the noise.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota
University of Sioux Falls

In a message dated 10/7/04 6:21:29 PM Central Daylight Time,