[CAUT] more problems with the D

Tim Coates tcoates1@sio.midco.net
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 22:21:25 -0500

Wim,

You talk about seating and lifting on the speaking length.  Have you=20
done the same on the none speaking length between the agraffes and=20
tuning pins?  It's pretty easy to check one unison in the agraffe=20
section to see if it makes a difference.   And the nice thing about it=20=

is you don't have to relevel the speaking length <g>.

It adds focus in both the V-bar and agraffe sections.  Use a string=20
hook and pull up while sliding it back from the agraffe.  Remove the=20
action and lightly tap a wooden dowel on the none speaking length from=20=

underneath on the V-bar section.  Start just behind the V-bar and work=20=

towards the tuning pins.  I've found this to be one of my most effect=20
procedures when looking for focus.  I don't even think about voicing=20
until this has been done.

I agree:  knuckles make noise.  Easy way to find out:  use a suede=20
brush to reduce the noise.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota
University of Sioux Falls

In a message dated 10/7/04 6:21:29 PM Central Daylight Time,=20