[CAUT] Ivo Pogorelich

Hans E Sander hesand01@louisville.edu
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:53:06 -0400

He certainly knows what he wants. One of the great pianists of this
time, in my opinion. Depending on what he plays, he might force the
instrument to the extreme. 2000+ seat hall, oh my god. No doubt he is
great and worth the money. Send him greetings from the University of
Louisville/KY.
Hans Sander, RPT
UofL, School of Music

>>> atodd@uh.edu 10/13/2004 10:16:25 AM >>>

Has anyone ever worked with Ivo Pogorelich before?

He's doing a recital tonight, sponsored by the Society for
the Performing Arts, in our large (2000+ seat) hall
downtown. We loaned them our Hamburg 'D' because he insisted
on having one and ours is the only other available 'D' in
Houston, with the stipulation that I was the only one who
could "touch" it!

Thanks.

Avery