[CAUT] Ivo Pogorelich

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:36:54 -0700

Avery,

He's also moody and unpredictable.  I certainly agree that he can be/is one=
=20
of the great pianists of the day...I just do not feel that he is as=20
consistent at that level as many others (most less well known)...when he is=
=20
on, it is exquisite playing, both technically and musically.  Whatever=20
else, he certainly will give the piano a very serious workout...likes=20
things to be pretty bright, not at bad as Andr=E9 Watts, but pretty bright.

You'll have a great time!

Best.

Horace