[CAUT] outside the box

David M. Porritt dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:55:36 -0500

Earlier this month we got a new action for one of our recital=
 "D"s that has 7/8 width keys.  Tom Servinsky came here to=
 install it for Steinbuhler & Co. and it came with Ronsen Wurzen=
 hammers.  Now I want to install some Wurzens on the full size=
 action for that piano but these were new earlier this year so I=
 can't pretend they are worn out.

I do have a "B" that needs new hammers & shanks.  Do any of you=
 think I'd have a lot of messing around to do if I put these new=
 hammers and shanks from the "D" on the "B"? I could then put on=
 new Wurzens and new shanks on the "D".

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts