[CAUT] outside the box

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:06:04 -0700

The bore distance will likely be different by about 1/8".

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
David M. Porritt
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 6:56 AM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: [CAUT] outside the box

Earlier this month we got a new action for one of our recital "D"s that
has 7/8 width keys.  Tom Servinsky came here to install it for
Steinbuhler & Co. and it came with Ronsen Wurzen hammers.  Now I want to
install some Wurzens on the full size action for that piano but these
were new earlier this year so I can't pretend they are worn out.

I do have a "B" that needs new hammers & shanks.  Do any of you think
I'd have a lot of messing around to do if I put these new hammers and
shanks from the "D" on the "B"? I could then put on new Wurzens and new
shanks on the "D".

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts