[CAUT] Re: Miking Pianos

Tim Coates tcoates1@sio.midco.net
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 17:33:42 -0600

I forgot to mention that the URL I listed has a review about the AMT
M40 mike.  The placement used by this person is not the best placement
(although he likes the results).   The mike should be placed on the
plate between the 2nd and 3rd hole from the front.

The characteristics of the this mike:  full bodied when used in high
volume situations.   It is also full bodied in lower volume levels.
It's too bad there are so many people having bad experiences miking
pianos, because this mike solves those problems.  Life is good when you
have the right equipment and people who know how to use the right
equipment.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota
University of Sioux Falls