[CAUT] Steinway Institutional Service Recommendations

jbairdrpt@insightbb.com jbairdrpt@insightbb.com
Tue, 06 Dec 2005 04:27:13 +0000

Blaine,

Your reminder about Steinway's Guidelines for Institutional Piano Service came
at a very opportune time. Gary Green sent this document to me in 2000, but I
forgot about it. I am about to propose some work for our school's instruments
and these Guidelines will back me up.

Among several other recommendations is the allocation of 300 hours/year to
"Maintain and update piano service records, develop service budgets making
recommendations for piano replacement, acquisition, restoration and parts
requirements." I tend to undercharge for this kind of office work.

Thank you,

John Baird
Millikin University
Decatur, Illinois