[CAUT] job decription

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Wed, 07 Dec 2005 09:50:23 -0600

hi-

I've got the guidelines going around now a second time trying to make a
difference.  The first time it got parked in the chairs file cabinet.
This time I sent it directly to the piano faculty. 10 years ago I could
handle the load better, or I least I think so now.  It's a good thing
that demand raises to the opportunity, but we are also getting older and
with time fewer and fewer faculty remember how it was before...and the
progress made.  For many years I used to have a budget for non-priority,
non-music dept. pianos and contracted some good help at a good deal.
That has been completely cut- nothing.  So now, all those are completely
neglected.  I've been telling the students who request that kind of
maintenance to go directly to the Dean of Students.  I need help right
here in the music building.

I get the impression a lot of places are cutting back, which is what it
is.  I don't know what to do, but I can tell it's not healthy...... for
me anyway.  If me or you kicks over from the stress and load, it will
likely cost them more to replace us.

So there ~   feel better already.......  :)

dennis johnson
St. Olaf College