[CAUT] Bostons

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:01:27 -0500

I have virtually no experience with them, but our local dealer
recently spoke to me as if there are two different series of the
Boston uprights (I'm speaking of studio models).  He said the better
of the two is basically a copy of the 1098, and seemed to acknowledge
the other is less stable and projects less, comparing it to the Kawai
and Yamaha.  (The Yamaha U3s I have are similar to what you describe
- very little volume unless you remove all the case parts, and even
then comparatively subdued)  Now which is which, I have no idea.

I wouldn't mind some clarification on this myself.
Jeff