[CAUT] piano dolly

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 17:59:21 -0800

At first glance it looked like a Hummer piano truck...but then I see it=
's made of wood....

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: "Don McKechnie"
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: [CAUT] piano dolly

List,

I received the following forward from our colleague Ms. Stranges. It is=
 an interesting piece of equipment for sale.

Don

From: Dan Gibson <DGIBSON7@twcny.rr.com>
Date: December 7, 2005 11:53:17 AM EST

Subject: Piano Trolley

I spoke with Joe Karwacki  about this piano trolley that I made for mys=
elf to use when I stripped and finished some grands that I did for Joe.=
  He thought there might be some interest within this email group to se=
ll it.  I am going out of business (manufacturing kitchen cabinets) and=
 taking a Minister of Music position in a church in Virginia in January=
 so we are trying to relocate (sell or junk) anything that we don't nee=
d to move.  The trolley is made of ash and the inlay in the center is p=
urpleheart.  The wheels cost me around $300.00 each. I am interested in=
 getting $500.00 for the trolley.  The design of the trolley allows one=
 individual to roll it under a piano, take one leg off at a time and ge=
t the piano on the trolley without help from another person.  The troll=
ey would probably only be of interest to someone who refinishes grands.=
  Having the piano on the trolley allowed me to strip both the piano an=
d the legs at the same time.  I also sprayed the piano outside my shop =
so the oversized wheels with springs allowed me to roll it out and back=
 in after spraying.  The longer arm extension has adjustable hole sizes=
 for different sized grands.  I would need to sell and have this picked=
 up by December 24 or I will plan to take it with me and sell it in the=
 Alexandria, Virginia area.  I will not come down in price because it i=
s already less than half of what I have into it.  Thank you for your co=
nsideration.

Dan Gibson