[CAUT] piano shop inventory

Debra Feiger debra_feiger@yahoo.com
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 08:56:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi List members
I am a new Caut user and a new piano tech for a
university with little to no shop inventory.  The past
few years they have hired contract technicians and I
am now a staff technician/employee (50%).  They have
80 pianos, with 5 SS Ds,  a number of Bs, and Yamaha
leased pianos, plus a hord of upright practice room
pianos (mostly Yamaha).  They have a drill press in
the shop and that is it.  They have asked me to
prepare a prioritized list of items to purchase in
order to have the beginnings of a shop.  I have no
idea whether I will get much of what I request, but I
would appreciate input as to how to prioritize what is
needed for a university environment to get things
going.  They have an active concert schedule and alot
of modern experimentaly music, so I know that strings
are a must.  I have my own tools, but is it reasonable
to request duplicates for the shop, especially since I
am only 50% and will be doing outside work as well as
working for the local Steinway/Yamaha dealer?  Thanks
for any input.  I need to submit this prioritized
'wish list' next week.
Best
Debra