[CAUT] Speaking of harpsichords

Avery Todd atodd@uh.edu
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:50:54 -0600

Chris,

Good luck! We've also had a difficult time getting hold of him.

At 09:03 AM 12/13/2005, you wrote:
>Has anyone been in contact with Willard Martin?  I have been trying
>to get in touch with him for weeks.  Our two Martin harpsichords
>need parts and my stock is getting thin.
>
>If not Willard, can anyone suggest another supplier for strings and
>plectra?  I don't mind making my own string replacements but it sure
>has been convenient to have them pre cut and the hitch pin coil ready to go.

Here's a post I saved from several years ago. I've never checked it
out because, so far, I haven't needed to. :-) You might find it
useful, though.

I get my wire from The Instrument Workshop in Oregon.  Contact Lutz
Bungart at workshhop@fortepiano.com

I also have this address in a different post:
e-mail: fortepiano@fortepiano.com

Ask for Lutz Bungart.

You may like this page on his website:
http://www.fortepiano.com/wire.htm

I have also had very informative discussions with Margaret Hood at
HOOD@UWPLATT.EDU
Her website is http://www.fortepianos.pair.com

Blaine Vesely
Kent, OH
Hope this helps.

Avery Todd

>Also, while I'm on a roll, I'm thinking about restringing our french
>double in the recital hall.  It has been very reliable for the first
>fifteen years I have been here but this last couple of years it
>seems to have gone into a slump.  I often get a broken string during
>tuning now where before it was very rare.  I am also wanting to
>replace all the pluckers.  I have a faculty member practicing in
>here daily now and these dudes are breaking all over the place.  At
>this rate, it will have all new plectra soon anyway...
>
>Thanks for your input,
>Chris
>
>Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.
>School of Music, Ohio University