[CAUT] "D" with a ghost

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:28:40 EST

In a message dated 2/2/05 9:23:01 A.M. Central Standard Time,
WOLFLEEL@UCMAIL.UC.EDU writes:

We have 3 "D"s here that have  this "ghost" and does seem to come and go
since the ringing wasn't always noticeable. My guess is that it is fairly common
since 3 out of 4 of our "D"s have  it. We just keep a little bit of braid  on
the offending duplex segment.
Eric  Wolfley, RPT

Perhaps that is why the duplex on the D I just restrung went all the way up
through the mid section. I just tuned that piano again yesterday afternoon,
but  didn't notice any "ghosts". But then I wasn't listening that carefully.
I'll pay  more attention next time.

Wim
Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician