[CAUT] Serial # on Baldwin Grand

Mitch Staples staples.13@pop.service.ohio-state.edu
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 13:22:15 -0500

According to the pierce piano atlas the serial # for a Baldwin built in 1918
should be between 31000 and 33400.  I think 32129 is it.

Mitch
OSU
  -----Original Message-----
  From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Elwood Doss
  Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 1:00 PM
  To: caut@ptg.org
  Subject: [CAUT] Serial # on Baldwin Grand

  I was looking for the serial number on an older rebuilt, Baldwin 6' Grand
that we inherited from the Chancellor's residence and I need to find the
serial number.  It has been painted over on the frame.  I found a "32129" on
the keyslip and also stamped on the keyframe.  Would that be the serial
number?  I'm thinking it is but that seems to be a low number, in fact, the
darn thing was built in 1918!

  Joy!

  Elwood

  Elwood Doss, Jr. M.M.E.; RPT