[CAUT] re: weekend work, was "mind bender"

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:15:22 -0500

On Tuesday, February 22, 2005, at 07:56 AM, Jeff Tanner wrote:

> If Horowitz showed up on Sunday, that would be a special event.

And I didn't say "never".  I said it should be the rare exception
rather than the rule.  Sunday is a holy day for a lot of people in this
country.  For others Saturday is a holy day.  For the rest of America,
that's your two-days a week off.  If you look at other professions,
other careers and other jobs, you will  find that most any "shift"
worker who has to work weekends and does not make a bigger paycheck
than a college piano technician is doing a much lower skilled job.

Jeff