[CAUT] re: weekend work, was "mind bender"

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:47:27 -0500

On Tuesday, February 22, 2005, at 07:44 AM, Don wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> It is your choice to work under those conditions. If you dislike it
> then
> you can vote with your feet and leave. Or you can choose to enjoy the
> many
> benefits your position gives you beyond what those of us in private
> practice have, such as a pension, medicare benefits, paid holidays,
> sick
> leave and etc.

Point is, I am trying to do something to improve the conditions, if not
for me, then for whoever takes my place.  But if that next person
happens to be one of you who thinks these benefits are so dang
important that you'll jump on the salary at $35K, then what I have
worked for and keep harping on has accomplished nothing.

And part of the problem is, our bosses know that the next person in
line is just so misled.

Jeff