[CAUT] Tool for removing capstans

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK@missouri.edu
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:49:02 -0500

For capstans with holes, I made a tool out of a short length of coat hanger
wire, bent kind of like a number "7", and chucked it in my hand drill.   For
the hex or square shoulder capstans, John Hartman described a simple &
effective tool in the Dec 1999 Journal.  Basically, he took a short piece of
3/4" square steel tube, cut a slot in one side to engage the capstan, and
put a bolt in the opposite side to go in his drill chuck.  They work great.

Ken Z.