[CAUT] Tool for removing capstans

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:39:05 +0200

Hello all, a voice from the past !

I've been far and not often on the net, till some weeks.

I 've find a very easy made capstan tool with the little tool sold to
"renew" the rusty tuning pins that is using some kind of rubber tubing
inside a metal support (i guess Apsco was selling that tool some
century before).
 drill adequate hole in the tubing (shortened) and put a little
contact glue to avoid the tubing to slip).
A better use for this tool than the original use I may say. Ok to
insert and to turn capstans.
Works fine in a portable screwdriver , for instance.

BTW one can use the rubber tubing to clean and smooth the edges of old
capstans also.

Best regards to all, I hope I will be able to come by a lit-tle more
often this sulmmer.

And I hope you are all well and fine !

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.