[CAUT] verticals

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:08:45 -0500

How marvelous to replace all action parts, but what on earth must one charge
for such a thing???????????   This Story and Clark is 100 years old, and
most of the action parts are still quite tight, though I will have to do
some repinning.  I'm replacing hammers, damper felts, damper lever felts,
back rail cloth, rest rail cloth, let off button felts, cleaning out all the
spring grooves, springs, and lubricating the grooves. The keyboard is being
redone by Merle Sanford, and is ivory, and David Geiger is restringing the
piano, plugging all the tuning pin holes and redrilling.  This is costing a
bunch of bucks, and I can't imagine what one would charge for a complete
restoration. I'd sure be interested in comments from those who have vastly
more experience than I.   I tried to get out of this job, but the owner
wanted me to do it, and Wim Blees finally cajoled me enough to risk it- so I
am no expert at this stuff, and normally seem to underprice my work.    What
would a "complete restoration" less case work, cost in this world????????
les bartlett

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef