[Files] [CAUT] Tool for removing capstans

Don McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:11:53 -0400

I'm always worried about that little bit of excess friction the burrs
may produce and excessive wear on the wippen cushion. To remove the burr
quickly I use a cup/cone shaped wire brush for the Dremel tool. Place
the brush on top of the capstan and produce a wide circular motion with
the Dremel tool. Goes fast, polish with your usual method.

Don