[CAUT] Steinway stack height

Wolfley, Eric (wolfleel) WOLFLEEL@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:53:14 -0400

Hi All,

I'm sure somebody out there knows the specs for the distance from the keybed
to hammerflange center and keybed to wippen center for a Steinway B. I have
these written down somewhere but can't find them and I don't trust my
memory. I'm correcting a problematic action and believe the stack to be too
high since to get the proper blow distance the shank cushions have been
reduced to nubs. The bore distance of the hammers is correct and the string
heights are in the normal range.

Thanks!

Eric Wolfley, RPT

Supervising Piano Technician