[CAUT] Steinway stack height

Alan Crane alan.crane@wichita.edu
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:26:09 -0500

Hi Eric & Chris,

FWIW, my spec sheet for S&S lists the following (supposedly from a factory
document)...

Hammer Bore:
                 48 mm           C & D
                 45 mm           A B L M O S

Hammer flange center to center of hammer moulding:
                 130 mm

Keybed ...

         ... to wippen center:   83 mm

         ... to hammer center    146 mm

         ... to strings          194 mm  C & D
                                 191 mm  A B L M O S

(use 17 mm knuckle-core radius with above specs)

Hope that helps more than it hinders...        :)

Regards,

Alan B. Crane, RPT
School of Music
Wichita State University