[CAUT] cleaning spring notches

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:09:30 -0500

I fell on a rather convenient way to clean the gunk out of spring notch
felts.  I have one of the high priced screwdriver/drill things that Web
Phillips sells (any electric screwdriver will do if you have a chuck, or a
show drill would work too).  I put a Dremmel bristle brush in the thing and
gently set the edge of the brush down in the slot, then turned the
screwdriver on (slow setting) for about one second. Presto, clean as a
whistle.  Does virtually no harm to the felts either.     I'm stuck with
this vertical piano, and have heard enough on this list to scare the willies
out of me, but I'll give it my best shot, and hope I don't have to repin
everything or replace damper springs!  They are bushed and pinned rather
than a piece of "rope" being used. What a pain....................    Thanks
for all advice and opinions. They accumulate and become more valuable the
farther I get into it.
les bartlett

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat