[CAUT] wax paper/epoxy

Stan Kroeker stan@pianoexperts.mb.ca
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:50:37 -0500

David,

This may be old news but still a welcome reminder.  After repeatedly
retrieving her roll of wax paper (and/or plastic wrap) from my shop, my
wife finally bought a second roll dedicated to culinary activities only.

Regardless of the type of glue used, if the repair involves clamps and
clamping blocks, the surface is always isolated with wax paper.

Speaking of epoxy repairs, anyone solidified wobbly grand legs by
flowing warm epoxy around the tenon?  Building leak-proof dams for this
task is quite a challenge.  West System epoxy, especially when slightly
warm, likes to find the tiniest opening to flow out (and down the
finished surface of the legs).

For this repair, I typically drill a series of small holes around the
mortice/tenon joint and inject the adhesive down these holes to give it
a head start.

Regards,

Stan Kroeker, RPT