[CAUT] Fwd: TSA Site Now Live with on-line Registration

Mary Smith marypianosmith@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:18:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I will jump in here and second Guy's nice invitation to y'all. Austin is a wonderful city, for those of you who have not had the good fortune to visit before. Plan to spend a little extra time in town or the beautiful surrounding Hill Country, if you possibly can. As president of the Austin chapter, I am extremely proud of every single person working on this seminar for us, both locally and all over the country.

It is so wonderful that a person like Andre Bolduc (and his talented son, Christian) would come all the way to Texas to teach for us. And how about Bill Spurlock for an entire day on Thursday (and he'll have a booth in the exhibit hall)?! The Brooks - not just Wally, but Vivian too, deserve our special thanks for agreeing to teach as well. We will have a class from Bob Marinelli (not to mention his wonderful tools!), a class from Chris Solliday (of Lehigh Valley, PA) on aural-electronic tuning, and I must thank our wonderful instructors from Kawai, Steinway, and Mason & Hamlin. I dare say that California and Pennsylvania (the Holy Grails of regional seminars) have nothing on us as far as curriculum goes! Do check out the wonderful website that Doug Knabe has developed (www.ptg.org/tsa), and then plan to attend his class at the seminar on how technicians can use the world wide web to their advantage.

I'll shut up now (temporarily, anyway), but do plan to make some time in your fall schedules for this marvelous event. We'll update you soon on what kinds of live entertainment we are planning for you. Since the University of Texas at Austin is one of the biggest music schools in the country, we hope to be able to showcase some of our talented students, both jazz and classical, for your enjoyment. Now, if only we could find someone to tune all those pianos....

Cheers,
Mary Smith

Nichols <nicho@zianet.com> wrote:

Hey folks,
The Texas State Association, Piano Technicians Guild, is hosting a heck
of a seminar at the end of October in beautiful Austin, Texas. Please
accept this invite to visit the TSA Web site, and check out the line-up of
classes. It's amazing. Doug has done an awesome job with the Web site. Way
to go, Doug!

Thanks,
Guy

Mary Cushing Smith, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal

Please note my new email: MaryPianoSmith@yahoo.com

phone: 512-462-0212
cell: 512-940-6146