[CAUT] hands & wrists

Alan McCoy amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:25:15 -0800

Wim,

If you are like me and have used your hammer for years and really like it,
you can buy (or make) a ball end for your hammer. I bought one finally this
summer in Kansas City. With a little gaffers tape as a shim it fits
perfectly on my trusty old Yamaha hammer that I have used for 20 years. I
love having the ball on the end. That sore middle knuckle of your hammer
hand will go away.

Another thought on this thread. Try tuning verticals "left-handed" with your
left hand on the hammer and right pounding the keys. I actually learned
tuning left-handed but switched to my right hand for grands a long time ago.
Switch hitting helps spread the load out over more joints. Once you get used
to tuning verticals left-handed, you will prefer it.

It's not too late to switch, even for an old guy.

;-)

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University