[CAUT] hands & wrists

Wigent, Donald E WIGENTD@MAIL.ECU.EDU
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:05:55 -0500

This is Don Wigent at East Carolina U and I have found that If you try
not to hold the keys down so hard while you are tuning it reduces the
tention.
Don Wigent

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Otto Keyes
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 12:17 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] hands & wrists

Yes, Thanks Jan, for that recommendation.  I'll give those a try.  I
don't
have carpal tunnel syndrome, but just severely re-arranged things from
the
elbow down.  There is some arthritis beginning as well.  One thing I am
trying to do is get into the habit of relaxing between movements.
Especially when we are on a roll & ramming through to get the job done,
we
often keep the tension from one move to the next, which just builds
until
things start to seize up.  Relaxing may slow things down a bit, but the
alternative brings everything to a screeching halt.

Otto