[CAUT] Kawai Regulation

lafargue@bellsouth.net lafargue@bellsouth.net
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 15:34:51 -0600

Hi,
I am working on 2 Kawai=92s 1989 in very nice shape, 6=926=94, 6=928=94. =
 I am
having a regulation dilemma.  With the blow distance at about 1 3/4 =93 =
(I
think spec is actually further) and other specs OK, the back shoulder of
the hammer is hitting the top of the backcheck and dragging on the
backcheck at times causing an initial friction problem in the stroke.
The backcheck angle seems good, hammers are original, etc.  The only
thing I can think of to do is to raise the hammer line and hammer rest
rail to prevent it, but we=92re talking about =BC=94 or possibly more, =
so it
would add considerable aftertouch.  I could push backchecks in deeper,
but I may start splitting wood.  Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks. =20
=20
P.S.  I do around 20-30 hurricane damage estimates a week; very sad most
of them. =20
=20
Lance Lafargue, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANOS, LTD