[CAUT] Kawai Regulation

Don Mannino DMannino@kawaius.com
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:30:01 -0800

Don Mannino
-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of =
lafargue@bellsouth.net
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 1:35 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: [CAUT] Kawai Regulation=20

Hi,
I am working on 2 Kawai's 1989 in very nice shape, 6'6", 6'8".  I am =
having a regulation dilemma.  With the blow distance at about 1 3/4 " (I =
think spec is actually further) and other specs OK, the back shoulder of =
the hammer is hitting the top of the backcheck and dragging on the =
backcheck at times causing an initial friction problem in the stroke.  =
The backcheck angle seems good, hammers are original, etc.  The only =
thing I can think of to do is to raise the hammer line and hammer rest =
rail to prevent it, but we're talking about =BC" or possibly more, so it =
would add considerable aftertouch.  I could push backchecks in deeper, =
but I may start splitting wood.  Am I missing something obvious?  =
Thanks. =20
=20
P.S.  I do around 20-30 hurricane damage estimates a week; very sad most =
of them. =20
=20
Lance Lafargue, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANOS, LTD