[CAUT] membership directory

Allan Gilreath allan@allangilreath.com
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:10:26 -0500

Thanks for the info Rick. The discussion happened last spring to offer
next year's edition in spiral binding WITH the listing format to which
we're accustomed. As Rick said, it was a judgment call, after more
deliberation than most folks would imagine, to offer the spiral binding,
which many had requested, and still stay within budget. The budget has
been increased, the information is being collected as we speak and we'll
have the wish fulfilled within a few short months.

Allan

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT

Berry College - Rome, GA

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Rick Florence
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 4:43 PM
To: ilvey@sbcglobal.net, College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] membership directory

David,

When the decision was made to offer the new spiral  binding (a huge
improvement) it had to be accompanied by cost cuts in order to stay in
budget.  As you mentioned, the information is there, it just takes a
little more time to find it.  I think this was well thought out by the
board/home office, it just comes down to which feature is more important
to the individual user.  I prefer the current version that actually will
open flat when I use it.  Of course the other option is to include all
features and pay more.  Story of my life:  "Prices have just gone up
sir."

Rick