[CAUT] Large wire spool?

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 8:57:20 -0800

Yeah, but how about a picture or two?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: Nichols
To: "College and University Technicians"
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Large wire spool?

Jim,
   At the plant, we have shelves on the wall behind the pianos in the s=
tringing room. The shelves have sections (about 10 inches tall) of Sono=
-tube concrete casting forms. Like used for pillars, posts, and cat hou=
ses. About 15" dia. In the section of tube, is a wooden wheel with a fe=
w upright dowels. A notch in the side of the tube allows the wire to sp=
ool out, while the wheel rotates in the tube. Snap-on pipe insulation p=
rotects the rim of the piano as the wire is dragged off the shelf to be=
 used. No, I didn't invent it, but I think it's slick!

later,
Guy