[CAUT] Large wire spool?

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:50:38 -0800

Guy,

A picture is worth a thousand words....

Del

  _____

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of Nichols
Sent: November 08, 2005 9:21 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Large wire spool?

Jim,
   At the plant, we have shelves on the wall behind the pianos in the stringing
room. The shelves have sections (about 10 inches tall) of Sono-tube concrete
casting forms. Like used for pillars, posts, and cat houses. About 15" dia. In
the section of tube, is a wooden wheel with a few upright dowels. A notch in the
side of the tube allows the wire to spool out, while the wheel rotates in the
tube. Snap-on pipe insulation protects the rim of the piano as the wire is
dragged off the shelf to be used. No, I didn't invent it, but I think it's
slick!

later,
Guy