[CAUT] Large wire spool?

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:20:58 -0700

Jim,
    At the plant, we have shelves on the wall behind the pianos in the
stringing room. The shelves have sections (about 10 inches tall) of
Sono-tube concrete casting forms. Like used for pillars, posts, and cat
houses. About 15" dia. In the section of tube, is a wooden wheel with a few
upright dowels. A notch in the side of the tube allows the wire to spool
out, while the wheel rotates in the tube. Snap-on pipe insulation protects
the rim of the piano as the wire is dragged off the shelf to be used. No, I
didn't invent it, but I think it's slick!

later,
Guy