[CAUT] Large wire spool?

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:38:21 -0700

Andre Bolduc has a pretty nifty rack to dispense wire from large coils. I
can=B9t describe it in detail, as it was a couple years ago that I saw a slid=
of it, but perhaps someone else can help. One feature was that the wire
dispensed through a small hole drilled in something like 2 x 4 lumber, whic=
served as a brake and as a straightener at the same time.
    Years ago, I used 5# coils, and created dispensers using plywood
=B3plates=B2 on two sides, and 4 to 6 dowels to join them and to hold the wire
in. The dowels were glued into one plate, and friction fit into holes in th=
other. I forget if I found it necessary to have some kind of clamping metho=
in addition to the friction fit. The =B3plates=B2 had a hole in the middle so
they could rotate on another dowel.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico