[CAUT] HT Question

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:12:49 -0700

Hi Ed,
    Both Moore and Broadwood's Best are in the RCT menu. Moore is listed as
"Representative Victorian Moore" and there are two Broadwood's Best.
 (These latter being recreations of tunings recorded/measured by Mr. Ellis
in the 1880's, having contracted with the Broadwood Co.'s "best" tuner to
tune his piano. The assumption is that the tuner claimed to be tuning equal
temperament, but clearly these are "well-temperaments," and rather piquant
ones at that. Moore is somewhat tamer, but also quite distinct in key color.
My favorite "Victorian" tuning).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico