[CAUT] Back length tuning

Andrew Anderson andrew@andersonmusic.com
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:04:51 -0600

Ed,
If I understand you correctly, he pulled excess speaking length
tension across the bridge as needed to tune the rear duplex to a
perfect interval of one of the in-tune strings.  Interesting...  On
new pianos I'm always pulling these up to reduce instability.  I
hadn't thought of tuning them that way... :-\  I'll have to try it on
my next concert prep.

Andrew Anderson
TAMIU, LCC etc.