[CAUT] Baldwin desks

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:14:06 -0400

"Upon further review..." it appears that someone tried to fold the =20
music desk backwards, and it didn't go, so they thought they had to =20
force it.  I'm not worried about musical music desks.  Only one light =20=

bulb burning in the room at the tail end of the piano, which might be =20=

why they needed to "fold back" the music desk.

David, the fold down part already has a brass tube inserted in the =20
end.  The folding part of the music desk is only so thick, and the =20
tube of sufficient size that only the outside layers of veneer are =20
supporting it.  Some sort of metal capping would help.  =20
Unfortunately, this one only has the screw holes up underneath pulled =20=

out.  You can't just put a plug or toothpicks in there either.  It's =20
a soft wood that just tears all to pieces.

Jeff