News from a Friend -- Re: [CAUT] Re: Katrina

Dorothy Bell dabell58@earthlink.net
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:19:57 -0400

Just to second what Wim said --

I got the same email with the same wording in the forwarding message from two different people, with the forwarding message stressing that that money should be sent to a particular address. I think Wim's caution is well-founded, and how does it hurt to be cautious.

Dorrie Bell

To: caut@ptg.org
Sent: 9/2/2005 9:26:55 AM
Subject: Re: News from a Friend -- Re: [CAUT] Re: Katrina

I don't want to sound like an alarmist, but please make sure the address of the Red Cross at the end of the article is legitimate. I am starting to hear that there are people taking advantage of this situation by scamming us. I am not sure, but I don't believe a single Red Cross unit would be asking for money. To be safe, just make a donation to your local Red Cross. They will get it to the right people.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Technician
School of Music