[CAUT] piano in pit

Andrew Anderson andrew@andersonmusic.com
Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:12:32 -0500

We haven't heard how expensive the repair is going to be yet.  I'm
guessing the plate survived.  The department does (or should) retain
insurance for catastrophic damage.  The student should have to work
off the deductible and then some--so many hours a week at minimum
wage.  It should be for the music department, not necessarily on
pianos, and could include janitorial work, emptying waste baskets or
better cleaning toilets. ;-)  Ok, that was my vindictive
streak.  Interesting a student in piano maintenance is a good
idea.  Raises respect for the instruments and the profession.

Andrew C. Anderson