[CAUT] DC system on stage

Bdshull@aol.com Bdshull@aol.com
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:02:36 EDT

Hi, Barbara,

My experience with buckets tight up to the soundboard is that the board
discolors, mold develops, and condensation causes hardwood floors to betray water
overhead.....Don't ask me how I know...but shortly after that nasty experience
several years ago Damppchaser extended the hanger length considerably.

A cover under the piano will certainly affect the reflection of sound...but
there are probably folks on the list who could tell you how much, in their own
experience....I'm interested too!

Just to go with my "cart" idea again....the cart can be kept under the piano
on stage, and removed just for performances, of course....

OR....the piano can be equipped with heater bars and humidistat, and the cart
only with humidifiers, and used as much as possible.

Bill Shull

In a message dated 9/13/2005 1:20:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,