[CAUT] DC system on stage

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:21:24 -0500

Ah, the plot thickens!  Thanks, Bill.

Barbara Richmond
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Bdshull@aol.com=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 4:02 PM
  Subject: Re: [CAUT] DC system on stage

  Hi, Barbara,=20

  My experience with buckets tight up to the soundboard is that the =
board discolors, mold develops, and condensation causes hardwood floors =
to betray water overhead.....Don't ask me how I know...but shortly after =
that nasty experience several years ago Damppchaser extended the hanger =
length considerably. =20

  A cover under the piano will certainly affect the reflection of =
sound...but there are probably folks on the list who could tell you how =
much, in their own experience....I'm interested too!  =20

  Just to go with my "cart" idea again....the cart can be kept under the =
piano on stage, and removed just for performances, of course....

  OR....the piano can be equipped with heater bars and humidistat, and =
the cart only with humidifiers, and used as much as possible.  =20

  Bill Shull

  In a message dated 9/13/2005 1:20:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time, =