[CAUT] B 458198, string deflections

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:29:35 -0400

Kent-

More information relative to your question of field repair:

Some Wapin installers do field installations.  That involves pulling pins,
plugging holes, re-drilling, re-notching, re-pinning.

Pianotek sells hardwood dowels in sizes for plugging bridge pin holes.

Check with Mike Wathen or the Wapin web site for lots of information and
photos of tools and technics for doing this.

Tooling up for this wouldn't be that expensive.

So, a field repair for this situation may be possible...if you want to do
it, and they want to pay your price.

Ed Sutton