[CAUT] Key leveling stick??

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:36:57 -0500

That's what I have here.  $1.89 as I remember.  I bought an 8' section
and cut it in half so I have two.  I've thought about bending one of
them for the "crown" but..........

dp

David M. Porritt
dporritt@smu.edu
-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Fred Sturm
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 6:31 PM
To: caut
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Key leveling stick??

On 9/22/05 2:35 PM, "Michelle Stranges" <stranges@Oswego.EDU> wrote:

> Anyone know where I can get one?
>
> I don't see it in Schaff or Pianotek.
>
> :)
> Michelle

I use a piece of aluminum angle (channel, or other configurations will
do)
cut to length. A lot cheaper, nice and light weight. Yes, you do need to
sight along it to be sure it is straight when you buy it (and later if
you
leave it around where it can get bashed). If you want, it is pliable
enough
to give a wee bend to create a "crown" along one axis. But it's solid
enough
that, if kept out of harms way, it will keep a stable edge indefinitely,
if
you use a thick enough stock.
Regards,
Fred Sturm