[CAUT] Fwd: hurricane preparedness USM Katrina

lafargue@bellsouth.net lafargue@bellsouth.net
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:39:09 -0500

All OK here, just dealing with the new storm.  High winds.  I'm tired of
unloading trucks.  Store and home were OK for Katrina, but devastation
all around.  We saved a few pianos, but lost many more than we saved.
Right now phones have been so bad it's hard to tell how business will
be.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANOS, LTD
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
985.72P.IANO
lafargue@bellsouth.net
www.lafarguepianos.com

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Wimblees@aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 11:06 AM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Fwd: hurricane preparedness USM Katrina

In a message dated 9/23/2005 9:19:23 AM Central Standard Time,
Lonnie.Young@usm.edu writes:
I hope your campus does not have a beach veiw.  This storm Rita, today
looks a lot like Katrina.  I recomend leaving, clean out the fridge and
turn off stuff if your are within impacted area.  Eight people died in
the county north of us and were are 70 mi. inland.

The attached picture is our Baldwin SD-10 from our coast campus after
Katrina.  I still have not seen it in person.  I hope I can save the two
legs and maybe the lyre. It maybe in a dump truck by now who knows.

Lonnie Young
The University of Southern Miss
Lonnie

Good to know you did OK during Katrina. As far as the Baldwin, you know
someone is going to pick that piano up, and then call you to "tune it,"
thinking that will make it play "just like new." He'll forget to mention
it has a few stuck keys and a couple of broken strings.

Wim