[CAUT] Query about "Cold Storage"

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:09:27 -0400

Jeff,
         Welcome, in advance, to the frozen tundra way up north. I hail=20
from Cleveland, OH where I really don't think the winters are too bad. I=20
have space heaters in my shop which do a rather nice job since I took great=
=20
pains to insulate well when I built the shop. I have sprayed but I crank up=
=20
the heat to a respectable 70 degrees before I do. I normally keep it at 60=
=20
and am quite comfortable while I'm working in that temperature. Too much=20
warmer and I slow down and too much colder and I start to shiver and am=20
preoccupied with getting warmer. Good luck in the move.

best wishes,
Greg

At 10:18 PM 9/26/2005, you wrote:
>Many of you probably hail from "hardier" climates than I, and since I'm=20
>about to move to a hardier (euphemism) climate -- South Dakota -- I've=20
>been wondering about the effects of  sub-zero temperatures on pianos.  Do=
=20
>any of you who reside in cold climes store your pianos in a shop/garage=20
>over the winter.  If so, any negative consequences?
>
>I'm fairly sure that wood finishing would be out of the question during=20
>those cold months without adequate heating....
>
>JeffO

Greg Newell
Greg's piano Fort=E9
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net=20