[CAUT] hammer burning experiment

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Sat Apr 1 05:53:26 MST 2006

Jon -

Where did you get your lamp? I got mine from Schaff (catalog #185), and
it always runs dry within a couple of days, because there's no way to
seal it without unscrewing the spout and replacing it with the rubber
gasketed screw cap. This leaves me with several inches of alcohol soaked
wick hanging from the inner spout to deal with. It also is awkward to
use, with excess alcohol running out past the wick, sending flame
creeping back down the spout toward the base. Other than all that, it
works great.

-          Mark Dierauf
-