[CAUT] hammer burning experiment

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Sat Apr 1 07:30:45 MST 2006

Paul,

They have these new "windproof" lighters which always seem to burn the
wood. (Don't buy these) I've pulled the spring out of the tip, and that
seems to make them less like blow torches, but then sometimes they won't
work at all. The "refillable" lighters don't seem to work as well/long
as the $1.00 throwaway kind, although the cheap ones are sometimes just
that. Lastly, the "safety" trigger that some have are really annoying.
Find lighters w/o that dumb thing. (Some of our student helpers can't
seem to figure out how to work them... I use this as an IQ test to see
who we'll work with <G>)

I hope this will save you time "experimenting".

Jim Busby BYU

Oh, and always carry a spare. (or 2)