[CAUT] Baldwin SD

Robin Blankenship tunerdude at comcast.net
Sat Apr 1 10:26:37 MST 2006

Susan wrote: "Sometimes in the bottom of the tenor section, a note or two
will have a
high harmonic beating  away, even for soft playing. When totally fed up
with it, I've once or twice (making sure that no one was looking) taken a
small blunt screwdriver, placed it between the strings on the non-speaking
side of the agraffe, and twisted sideways. It felt like a somewhat dirty
procedure, but the noises stopped."

Susan, was it necessary to tune the affected strings right away?? I am
wondering if you exerted sufficient force with the screwdriver to move the
wire on the other side of the agraffe. That is to suggest that there was
some issue further down the wire that was resolved. Hmmmmmm............

Robin Blankenship