[CAUT] Baldwin SD

Tim Coates tcoates1 at sio.midco.net
Thu Apr 6 06:38:42 MDT 2006

Mark,

You and I have talked about the problem with the agraffes before.  I
have had limited success with lifting and thicker stringing felt as you
suggest.  The buzzes still come back.  Although,  I have started using
the lifting on the non speaking side of the agraffe as an important
voicing tool.  The strings really come to life.  I have posted to this
list before about lifting the non speaking segment but was totally
ignored.

It doesn't take a scientific mind to try it.  Just someone who knows
not to pull the agraffe out of the plate.

As I have stated several times the only sure fire method to get rid of
the agraffe buzzes is to properly refurbish them.

Jim Busby:  I have not ignored your post about the methods used to
refurbish the agraffes.  I have not had time to put it together, as
there are some items I need to clarify with my subcontracted labor (a
PTG Associate).  At least at this point he is now willing to share his
methods.

Tim Coates